Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Weekend / Wilson Family Reunion

Last weekend Jeph and I went to Idaho to hang out with my family for the weekend. It was tons of fun and crazy as always. Some of the highlights include the drive through the City of Rocks, well known as a great place to rock climb, however, only Jeph and Joel were brave enough to climb to the top of Bathtub Rock. It was quite rainy that day and made the rocks slippery, so the rest of us used that excuse.
We celebrated my brother Spencer's graduation from college. After 10 years of marraige, four kids, working full time all 8 years he went to school, Spencer finally graduated. We're all very proud of how hard he worked and all the other things he accomplished a long the way.

The family threw a birthday party for everyone who had birthdays within the last few months and Jeph because we missed the last birthday party so we had to wait til this one. Happy Birthday Jeph, two and a half months later!!!

I think the biggest shocker of the weekend was that Jeph and I actually helped milk the cows. (Growing up, I was always the one who wasn't tough enough to be a farm girl and the family agreed with me when I said 'I am really a city girl born in the wrong place,' so I married a city boy!) But they actually left us there without supervision to run the facility for awhile. We were pretty successful, I must admit, all those years of pretending I didn't know what I was doing to get out of the work seemed to catch up with me and I found I knew more than I let anyone think. Unfortunatly I didn't take my camera out with me so I didn't get any pictures of that event and my family probably still don't believe it really happened because there is no physical proof. I figured it was better that way. (This is a picture at our farm, just not Jeph and I milking)
Besides our wedding, this was Jeph's largest exposure to the Wilson family, which could seem a little overwhelming with almost 40 of us there, but he seemed to handle it very well. It is always fun to get to be with my family since some only get to come home once or twice a year. We love 'em all!!! (Sadly not everyone made it for this picture but, what could Kami do, she is in the Philippines, and Laurie's family of 8 showed up a few mintues too late for pictures. But we still love and claim all of them!!!)

4 comments:

Rachel and Eric said...

Hey guys! I love your new picture! You both look great--especially Venita! Jeff, I seriously think you're starting to look more and more like Danny. And it looks like you had so much fun with your family! I seriously do need proof to believe that Jeff milked cows...

Beth said...

I love your stories. I'm glad you had such a good time and could see so many of siblings and families. I'm impressed that Jeff got in their with the cows way to go. Talk to you later!

Laurie said...

Love the pictures. Especially the one in the header. Thanks for sharing. Sorry we missed the group photo. Someone will have to paste us in there. I love the one of Joel and Jeph way up on top of that big scarey rock. I'm needing pictures of the milking event also. Nope, don't believe you! ;)

Debbie said...

Hey Venita,
I believe you about the milking. I saw mom out of the barn that night and was just as shocked as everyone else when she said she had left you and Jeph in there on your own. You did a great job.