Friday, May 16, 2008

The dream is over




Tonight, the Jazz faced the LA Lakers and even with the completely embarrassing first half, managed to take the game down to the very last seconds. In a rare home loss, the Jazz were eliminated from this season's Playoff competition. It was a good run and the Jazz should be proud of what they accomplished this year. Although it was a heartbreaking end, it was well faught and there is no shame being eliminated by the MVP and future 2008 NBA champions.
Anyway, now to the real post. We were able to get some fairly cheap tickets to game 3 of this series and had a blast. It was initially Venita's idea to go (I think to see David Archuletta sing the national anthem) but I couldn't turn down such an opportunity. The game was great, we got free shirts and Venita caught some weird paper clapper thing. After the game we decided to go down to the lower bowl to listen to the post-game interviews and we were allowed to have our picture taken at center court. I was very excited and as we were leaving we ran into former player Mark Eaton. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a picture.
Anyway, the season is over and now I must look back at the fond memories of the season. Watch out though, next year is ours!!!

4 comments:

Andy said...

Jeff I think Betty has a crush on David too, so tell Venita she's not alone. Sounds like you guys had a blast and Mark sure does make you look short.

sjhalford said...

Hey guys! We were at that game too (the last one)! It was a sad one, huh? Oh well, we will get them all next year!

Laurie said...

I'm so jealous! I want to go see David A. Too bad about the Jazz, and, umm, Jeph, that tall guy makes you look....not so tall? ;)

Sounds like a very fun outing!

Laurie said...

We'll be there! I'm excited. It's on my calendar. What do I owe you?