Thursday, May 8, 2008

Venita is Pregnant - Part 2

So as you may have read in the previous post, Jeph thought he was very clever making everyone else think I was pregnant. Well, last weekend Jeph got a taste of his own medicine. After all this joking around about me being pregnant, I just so happened to wake up sick Saturday morning with what we assumed was just the stomach flu. I basically lived in the bathroom all day Saturday and Sunday. Monday rolls around and I am still not feeling too well so I took the day off and again spent the majority of the day being very sick. When I called in to work, my supervisor jokingly said, "You know what it means when someone from this office gets sick with the stomach flu for more than two days: it generally isn't the flu." We laughed, I assured him it WAS just the flu and that I would be in tomorrow. I told Jeph this funny joke but he didn't think it was funny. As the day went on and I failed to get better, Jeph became increasingly worried because the flu does not generally last that long. Jeph wasn't concerned as much for my health, because he knew I would get better, as he was that the rumor he had spread wasn't as funny when the joke is on him. Finally around 11:30 pm, as I was reassuring Jeph there is no physical way I could be pregnant, I jokingly suggested going to Walmart right then to get a pregnancy test to help him feel confident that we have nothing to worry about. The next thing I know we are both staring at a stick, waiting for the results. Jeph finally took a breath as the minus sign became prevelant. I think out of everyone that might have thought even for a second that I might be pregnant, Jeph had the best reaction. Little did he know the joke would come back to get him.

Another little side note about Jeph, I think he is pretty great for finishing his first year of school! We still have a long way to go but I can't help but be proud of how well Jeph has done in school this year. Jeph flew through his classes ending two semesters with only one B and the rest A's. Way to go Jeph!

4 comments:

sjhalford said...

You guys are so funny! You made me laugh!
Jess

Mel said...

Ha Ha. That was funny. Sorry Jeph, but you got us for a second on that last post so I am glad to see you get it back a little bit.

Laurie said...

Ha!Ha! What would you have done if it would have shown positive. We all would have had a good laugh.

Congrats Jeph on one year down! That's so awesome!

Rachel and Eric said...

Would you guys please update your freakin blog? Either that or just come down here? Well I'll for sure see you in July, but that's not soon enough...