(I'm documenting this more for me than anyone else, so if it's boring move on to the next post.)
I've mentioned that I was working at Alta High School when Bensen was born. I was allotted 12 weeks leave, 6 paid and 6 unpaid. However, 2 of those weeks fell during Christmas break, which ended up being a good and bad thing for me. Good because it extended the period I could take for FMLA 2 weeks, so technically I could be home for a total of 14 weeks. Bad because those 2 weeks fell within the 6 weeks of paid leave and I could not be paid during Christmas break so I would only get 4 weeks of paid leave. Complicated nonsense. Anyway, I decided to take the full 14 weeks which meant that I had 14 more until the end of the school year.
Going back to finish out the school year meant that I would be paid through August which would be the most logical thing to do. I had to convince myself of this often. Though I missed my baby terribly and was sad to leave him many times, I absolutely loved my job and my co-workers. Honestly, if I couldn't be home taking care of my baby, then Alta Counseling Center was the next best place to be.
I also returned to work to find a few pieces of paper that students had submitted about staff members on my desk. I'm not really sure why they were writing these things but these few students made me feel like I might have done something good at work and that it wasn't such a bad thing to be there.


And to memorialize my time at Alta I made this super great yearbook page of my co-workers with all of our nice school pictures.
Counselors: Roxann Wolfe, Ann-Marie Proctor, Lisa Sanders, Amy Hardcastle, Christine Astle, Logan Laszczyk, Kent Robinson, Venita Simmons. Support Staff: Cindy Greenwall, Amber Ipson, Shauna Ahlstrom, Jami Torgrenson, not pictured: Leslie Smith. Registrars: Paula Seaich, Lori Brockbank. Psychologist: Aimee Tubbs.
I sure love and miss most of these faces. It was a good two years working at Alta.
No comments:
Post a Comment