Sunday, April 4, 2010

Христос воскрес! Christ is Risen!

HAPPY EASTER!
One thing I enjoyed while living in Russia is that on Easter Sunday the appropriate greeting to friend and family is to say "Christ is Risen".  I often wondered if they really understood and believed what they were saying or if it because tradition that they would pass the greeting along.  Either way, the message of those words is quite powerful when we understand the reality of them.  Jesus Christ has risen!  He has overcome all things impossible and has made all things possible for us.  Without him we would be lost.  I am so grateful for our Savior and Redeemer, Jesus Christ and for all that did for every one of us.  

GENERAL CONFERENCE 
This Easter weekend was made even better by having the LDS General Conference on Saturday and Sunday.  I did not always enjoy listening to conference because when I was younger it was often very boring to spend my weekend listening to a bunch of older men and women speak about churchy stuff.  I often feel like I am still not old enough to be entertained by such an event, but I find I enjoy it more and more every year.  While listening to what was taught, I couldn't help but feel the peacefulness of the Spirit and know that it is right and true.  I felt so lucky to have this knowledge and wished that everyone I know and love could also feel the same.  The Gospel brings me so many blessings and so much happiness.  I just wish everyone could have the same happiness.  I know that God blesses everyone who loves Him and many that don't because He loves everyone.  But I also know that my life is much richer because of the knowledge that there is a prophet on the earth and that he speaks to the world twice a year.  Sometimes, I think life would be much easier if I did not care, but it often breaks my heart to know that there are so many people who still do not know and do not want to know about the good news.  The good news that there is a prophet today, that Heavenly Father speaks to him, that he and many others have the power to act in God's name because of the restored Priesthood, and that through that Power we can be together with our families and our Heavenly Father for Eternity.  Where else can you find such GLORIOUS information?!  I hate the idea of being pushy with my religion, but at the same time, I hate thinking that I have something so great and wonderful and that I didn't share it with everyone I could. I love my life!

Христос воскрес! Christ is Risen!

1 comment: