Meet Aki, my new, long awaited little brother. No, L-Bizzle didn't have another baby, I decided to volunteer with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. Having personally experienced the effects that good mentors can have in a kid's life, I decided that BBBS would be the most rewarding way I could volunteer in the community. He's a way fun kid and I can already tell that we're gonna have some good times together. Here are some pictures of our trip up to Ensign peak this past week. He made it up to the top in about 10 minutes (when we went with some friends a few weeks ago it took us about 30 minutes). Needless to say, with how active he is, I have my work cut out for me!
Saturday, April 25, 2009
I FINALLY have a little brother!!!
As you know, I am the youngest of 5 boys and so I never had a little brother. I always looked at my brothers and thought, "if I had a little brother, I'd be so much nicer to him and he'd think I was the coolest instead of thinking he was a jerk like you guys." I never felt deprived of having a little sister because (well, who wants sisters?) I had my next door neighbors who I considered to be my little sisters. Even when I married Venita, I inherited two younger sisters-in-law but her youngest brother is a year older than me so that didn't solve the problem.
Meet Aki, my new, long awaited little brother. No, L-Bizzle didn't have another baby, I decided to volunteer with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. Having personally experienced the effects that good mentors can have in a kid's life, I decided that BBBS would be the most rewarding way I could volunteer in the community. He's a way fun kid and I can already tell that we're gonna have some good times together. Here are some pictures of our trip up to Ensign peak this past week. He made it up to the top in about 10 minutes (when we went with some friends a few weeks ago it took us about 30 minutes). Needless to say, with how active he is, I have my work cut out for me!

Meet Aki, my new, long awaited little brother. No, L-Bizzle didn't have another baby, I decided to volunteer with the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. Having personally experienced the effects that good mentors can have in a kid's life, I decided that BBBS would be the most rewarding way I could volunteer in the community. He's a way fun kid and I can already tell that we're gonna have some good times together. Here are some pictures of our trip up to Ensign peak this past week. He made it up to the top in about 10 minutes (when we went with some friends a few weeks ago it took us about 30 minutes). Needless to say, with how active he is, I have my work cut out for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I used to be a Big Sister! It was one of the best things I've ever done, it's so rewarding! Have fun, he looks life a fun little boy.
Thats so fun! Just think you could be a coach to and inherit lots of little siblings! P.S. Now that I think about I never got the little brother I wanted either.
Jeff you are truly an inspiration to us all. I thought you you were scared of kids.
Just think of all the great little sisters you got in life too...when you got married...
Post a Comment