Last night we were watching the CMA awards on television. As I was watching and enjoying the music performances, Venita noted to me, "If I would have told you 3 years ago that we'd be sitting on the couch watching the CMA's and you would actually enjoy it, you would have said, 'you're crazy.'" I chuckled at the truthfulness of that statement and my rebuttal was, "well if I would have told you 3 years ago that we would be sitting here 4 weeks away from your 6th Dave Matthews concert, you would have said, 'you're crazy.'"
To make our special moment even more perfect, a few minutes later this was what we saw on tv:
Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews singing "I'm Alive".
Thanks to the CMAs for an entertaining evening filled with great music, good laughs and helping us see how far we have come.
3 comments:
I heart country music. this is one way that dave and I differ greatly. One time, we were discussing what we would do on a date if I got to choose the first half of the date and he HAD TO GO ALONG WITH IT and he got to choose the second half and I had to go along with it. (an idea we had from a friend.) I said, "I would want to go to a Brad Paisley concert." and he said, "then for my half we'd make fun of it the whole way home."
haha, Dave.
But, he will listen to Brad with me and occasionally rascal flatts. And that's pretty good by me.
I'm so glad that you're posting more regularly...it's about time. Your worlds really did combine. And I REALLY enjoyed all the Halloween pictures. You've gotta love your parents. Mike B is such a silly old man. You and Venit's costumes were awesome and I loved your little Toto!
love it so much!!! I totally got the chills...weird! thanks for sharing that special moment!
Post a Comment