Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Halloween!

This year for Halloween we were asked if we were going to dress our puppy in costume to celebrate. We decided Ca6aka should keep his natural dog outfit and go as Toto. $5 at Savers bought Jeph the perfect costume but I was not so lucky. But I did luck out that Lynn volunteered to make up a lovely Dorothy dress. It was perfect and we made quite the Scarecrow, Dorothy, and Toto!

We stopped by to show the family the costumes and get some pictures then off trick-or-treating.


Okay, we didn't really go trick-or-treating but we did make some treats. Jeph had heard about this great Halloween treat idea to get sugar cookie dough and make cookies shaped like fingers and have them coming out of a pudding/oreo graveyard.

The fingers looked fantastic before we baked them, but unfortunately, they morphed into cookies that looked more like giant toes with small infected toe nails than fingers. So we turned them into tombstones instead.

M. Bizzle was convinced that Jeph had really taken the time to write personalized messages on the tombstones.

The Bizzles always get into the Halloween spirit. This year, they celebrated Halloween a few days earlier and went as Cavepeople and for Halloween they threw on the ol' trusty mask and witch hat/hair.
I think these next pictures speak for themselves! Classic Bizzle town!
To wrap up our festivities, we ended the night with a little scary movie Wait Until Dark, highly recommended by my mom! It was a fantastic film that we would definitely recommend when you're in the mood for a classic intense movie! (I only screamed once.)

2 comments:

Beth said...

Oh wow, those are some great photos! But really, it looks like a blast! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

I love OZ!!! You make a perfect Dorthy, scarecrow, and Toto!