Sunday, March 16, 2008

YOU'RE A WINNER!!!

I'm sure that all of you have received one of those classic postcards in the mail from the local dealerships saying you have won a prize at least once in your lives. Well, Jeph and I must be pretty lucky because we get about one per month. And I am sure most of you look at it, see it they are just trying to get you to buy a car and throw it away. Well not us! We always take our card to see what we've won. Jeph loves to walk in tell them we are not interested in buying a car and that we are only here to collect our prize just to see the disappointed look on their face and one last attempt to talk him in to some great sale they are running right now! So far we have won three Walmart gift cards (each worth $5, so we're going to keep saving them up til we can make a big purchase), and two 1gb MP3 players.

Someday we hope to win one of the bigger prizes, like a vacation, or the $2500 Walmart giftcard, or the $25,000 cash reward. Luckily they keep sending them to us so we'll see what our luck brings us next month. In the mean time, both Jeph and I already have MP3 players so if anyone is in need of a 1gb, be sure to let us know, I think we could find a way to spare one or two of ours.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Oooh! If no one else speaks up for the mp3 players, I know 2 boys who would think you were way cool if you thought of them in your generousity! Very cool that you are able to claim your prizes though. I don't think I've ever gotten one of those before. Maybe it's a Utah thing. You are definately winners though even without the cool prizes!

Net said...

I didn't know they really gave out prizes for those. Smart thinking! Next time I will have to go cash in on my ticket. Thanks for the tip.

Anonymous said...

SOLD!!! To the lucky winner at mom2my6kids.

Kimberly said...

WOW!!!!! Score, I will now have to pay attention to those things!! Too funny yet so great!!!

Rachel and Eric said...

Hey Neighby and Venit! Jay is getting married July 25th, so that should actually work well with Mike's wedding--cause everyone will be in Utah at one time! How are those plans for an ABQ trip coming?

Kimberly said...

updating anytime soon?! lol

Anonymous said...

It's Jeph's turn to add something!