Thursday, February 21, 2013

Nashville


We took a trip down to Nashville, Tennessee over Christmas break. We met up with our friends Trent and Erin Stapleton who live in Georgia. Conveniently, Nashville is 4 hours from both of us so it was a great middle meeting place. We love the Stapletons and had such a great time with them. Jeff's mom owns a time share with a location in Nashville so we stayed there for pretty cheap and super nice and not far from all of the Opry everything. We may be making frequent trips to Nashville is all I'm saying.

I loved it there and could probably move there someday, though I doubt we ever will. Downtown is awesome. The streets are lined with cowboy boot shops and cafes playing live music.

The Opryland hotel is amazing and they decorate quite well for Christmas. I'd say comparable to Temple Square, maybe even a little more on the inside of the hotel. There are three large conservatory/garden areas that were decorated and fun to walk around.

We stopped by the Opry House gift shop on our way out of town and bought Bensen a guitar. We were sad to hear that throughout the year they give tours, but because the Rockettes were performing all through November and December there are no tours during that time. Like I said, we'll just have to go back sometime. If anyone is headed that way, let us know, we'll meet you there and hook you up with a sweet time share.


Can't wait for our next Simmons/Stapleton vacation.

No comments: