In June we went to Idaho to visit. Jeff has always wanted to go with my brother-in-law Ken on a police ride-along and this trip finally presented an opportunity for him to go. I'll let him share the details, but I went to pick him up at 10 and ended up waiting around for 2 hours as he was sitting in my brother-in-law's truck while he and the other police officers in the area were staking out a house. Apparently, some guy had killed someone and they went to find him at the house. He never showed so they finally shut the operation down. Guy called the police department and said he was going to turn himself in and to meet him at the police station. He never showed and went on another killing spree. Luckily, Jeff was safe with me by the time any of that stuff went down. Oh the exciting life of a police officer. I think in the end it convinced Jeff that is not the occupation for him and I am very happy with that conclusion.
At least he got a great picture of the beautiful golf course in the canyon before all of the excitement ensued.


No comments:
Post a Comment