Monday, October 10, 2011

HOLY MIA / July Activities

I didn't think the time would come when I would be one of those bloggers who did not update for months. And here we are three months later and no updates. How lame are we?! And I am using the excuse that we cancelled our cable/internet and now only use our phone internet so I just don't get on the computer as often anymore. And we don't have a camera and don't remember to take pictures with our phones and I don't like to update without pictures so another reason (excuse for not updating).
So it was a busy, fun summer and now we are already into fall. I just have to say how delightful it was to have the summer off again. I haven't had a summer off since I was in college back in 2004 (I know, forever ago). I love the school schedule for sure! Since Jeph had to work, I left him here and went to Idaho for a week to be with my family, celebrate Independence day, and enjoy a few family reunions. I must say, there is nothing like celebrating the 4th in a small town. It was fun to go to the Rupert parade and enjoy some small town entertainment.

We had the Lowder (my mom's) family reunion during this time. It was great to catch up with my cousins and enjoy time with family we don't see that often. Here is a picture I stole from Lynnette of a few of the cousins that came to the reunion.


The next week I came home and had our first ultra sound to find out what we are having. And of course it is a boy.


That same day we had our 6th annual Simmons Lagoon Day. It wasn't as much fun for me to go on a hot day and just watch everyone else ride the rides. Next year, I'll have to make up for lost time and leave the baby home to enjoy a nice long day at Lagoon. Jeph did win a frog at one of the game stops and the only picture I have is of Lisa, Jeph, and Kim playing Skee ball.


The next day we headed back to Idaho for my sibling family reunion. We went camping at a site just north of Lava Hot Springs. I don't remember the name of the campsite but it was fun anyway. We enjoyed campfires, hiking, talent shows, crafts, a day at Uncle Brent and Aunt Janice's enjoying the water slide and volleyball, and all the other camping fun you can think of. Of course I have no pictures to document this trip, but as you can imagine it was very enjoyable. We were just happy to spend time together as a family and appreciate being able to have all ten of us siblings and both of our parents there (though I wish it could happen more than once a year).

And that was basically how we spent our July. I really enjoyed being able to go to summer family activities without worrying about work and all that business. I didn't get to go to the pool as often as I had hoped, but I enjoyed the trade off of being with family.

(Hopefully, it won't take me another three months to update again.)

2 comments:

Rachel and Eric said...

Yay! It's about time you guys update this thing! Like I told Jeff, I can't wait to give you your gift! And are we ever going to see some pregnant pictures?!

Am to the Ber to the... said...

I have missed you! Can we play soon!? When is your shower?